Treyarch has released a Black Ops 2 title update on Xbox 360, tackling a number of streak reward problems. Care to take a break from being all up in arms over the removal/restoration of Nuketown 2025 to read about it?
"We just downloaded the #BlackOp2 title update for 360," notes Treyarch's Twitter account, with unseemly glee. "Right on schedule. Game on."
"Full patch notes tomorrow," adds game design director, David Vondehaar. "Week 1 is down, but we are just getting warmed up. Have fun. Play hard. Shoot knifers in the face." Bugs allegedly resolved by the update include "UI error 226117" in Theatre/Theater Mode, an Escort Drone glitch which sees your trusty robot acquaintance attacking you from beneath the map, and a Dragonfire deployment issue. Man, I hate it when my Dragonfire doesn't deploy.
Here's our must-read guide to Black Ops 2 multiplayer, plus Zombies Mode tips and tactics. Treyarch has a number of additional modes planned for the inevitable Black Ops 2 DLC, including a game type that's comparable to World at War's, um, War mode.
How are you getting on with the game? Word has it that PS3 owners aren't amused.
UPDATE: Here are the full patch notes, as promised.
- Made infrastructure and performance improvements to Live Streaming.
- Made streaming performance improvements to video playback in CODTV.
Addressed an issue where flight range parameters for airborne vehicles could be deleted in the middle of a match due to a network interruption. This fix resolves the following symptoms reported by the community: Escort drone flying under the map; Inability to call in the Dragonfire.
- FHJ-18 weapon level is now increased by destroying Scorestreak vehicles and aircraft.
- Care Package/AGR canister exploit has been addressed.
- Patched a small map exploit in Aftermath.
- Addressed a rare situation that would cause the Emblem Editor menu to overlap other menus.
- Balance pass on spawn influencers to improve cases causing non-optimal spawning under certain conditions.
- Improved performance for emblem uploads to prevent an occasional hang. If there is an error connecting to servers during an upload, you will now be able to re-try your save.
- Emblems and Clan tags will now appear correctly on the Assault Shield when stowed on the back.
- Addressed all reported UI error code messages.
- Elite Clan Friends list no longer actively sorts players when their status is updated. The player list will refresh after closing and re-opening the tab.
- Improved a number of emblem icons in the Emblem Editor.
- Junkyard IV reward added to Calling Cards.