That strained rumbling? That's the sound of Battlefield 3's Armored Kill DLC pack trying to drive through your ethernet port and shoot your Xbox 360 hard drive in the face. The vehicle-oriented pack goes public for Battlefield Premium members at some point today.
Filthy non-Premiumites get it on 25th September. That's a whole additional fortnight to wallow in the sensation of not being a fully motorised, weaponised badass. I hope you can live with yourselves. You monsters. For reference, here's the full bullet point haul:
- All-out vehicle warfare on four new maps
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history
- New vehicles, including tanks, ATV's, and mobile artillery
- Bring back five new vehicle unlocks to the base game
- Earn 20+ unlocks for the new vechicles in Armored Kill
- New Tank Superiority game mode
- All maps playable with all six game modes
The pack is already available to PC and PS3 owners, which means DICE is already thinking about bugs and imbalances. DICE's Gustav Halling has detailed a few known issues, below:
- The Mobile artillery's "Proximity Defense" unlock is causing players to "suicide" when being used in both vehicles with higher reprorate in the US HIMARS.
Gunship in Rush
- Defenders have been having a hard time winning the last week and we are making tweaks to even out the battlefield. The Gunship will respawn after 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds in Rush after being destroyed.